VLC VideoLAN

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Feb 20 21:48:11 UTC 2016

On 02/20/2016 01:19 PM, g wrote:
> congrats on getting disability compensation from the VA.
>
> they turned mine down, but did give me name of a law firm to contact.
>
> i called them and then wrote them as they asked. that was over 4 years
> ago and still no reply. :-\

Try again.  The first time I applied, I got my hearing loss (at 0%) but
not my diabetes.  (Gun Line, '72, never went ashore.)  This time, I had
the hearing loss confirmed, tinnitus (at 10%) added and the doctor that
evaluated my diabetes agreed that I was probably indirectly exposed to
Agent Orange by steaming through sand and dust clouds fro B-52 raids
(20%).  Not only am I getting compensation, I got a Big Fat Check for
all of the payments I would have received if the diabetes had been
accepted the first time, years ago.  And all of it is tax free.
Sometimes, you have to apply several times to get it, but it's worth
your while to keep trying.