OT: renice jobs running for more than 5 minutes

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Mon Feb 22 18:19:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am running a fully updated F23 box but this question does not have much to do with Fedora itself, hence the designator and the disclaimer.

I am wanting to run a script which will look at all the jobs that are running and renice all of them which have been on for more than five minutes. (Then I can run the script as a cron job as root and be done with automating the process.)

Are there any suggestions as to how to go about this task efficiently? Actually, before I reinvent the wheel, are there any standard options that already exist and which would be more suitable for me than just to do everything from scratch.

Best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.