[fedora-virt] Hey, my Win XP machine now bluescreens

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Aug 2 08:15:16 UTC 2010

On 01/08/10 17:51, Tom Hughes wrote:
> On 01/08/10 17:49, Justin M. Forbes wrote:
 >
>> Are you using the Fedora virtio-win drivers from:
>>
>> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/13/
>
> No I think mine are older than that. I did Google but couldn't turn up
> anything newer than what I already had.

Well what I actually have is 5.3.0.17241 dated 10/10/2009 and it doesn't
look like that ISO is any newer, or at least Windows is saying it can't
find any drivers that are a better match when searching that ISO.

I am running XP64 though, and the storage drivers on that ISO don't seem
to include an amd64 build in the WXp folder (unlike the network drivers)
so I had to use the Wnet ones which I believe are Windows Server 2003
which is basically the same as XP64 anyway.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/