[fedora-virt] Slow Jerky Guests

Boris Derzhavets bderzhavets at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 13:48:02 UTC 2010

>I install the package via the normal update service and test my ubuntu
>10.04 virtual host. But on my PC, AMD Phenom + 4GB RAM, it runs still
>really slow. 1 CPU core of my host computer runs on 100% and the
>graphic display are so slow, that a normal work is not possible.

Similar task  (Ubuntu 10.10 Desk KVM) performs pretty fast ( close to paravirtual Xen Guest install) on C2D8400,8GB RAM, ASUS P5Q-E, Seagate Barracuda 500 GB (SATA)

F14 KVM package deployment phase was excellent close to PV Guest Xen speed.

I was able to find one slow guest install - Solaris 11.
Package deployment phase is really slow vs. PV Guest S11 install @ Xen 4.0.1 Dom0

Boris.