[fedora-virt] problems with customization before install and floppy

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 10:39:45 UTC 2010

Hello,
I have F12 x86_64 and I'm using rawvirt fedora-virt-preview repo.

Downloaded F13 Alpha TC2 + updates.img floppy
I create a vm and I select customize before install.
I add a floppy drive as storage, pointing to the floppy img.
I click on finish installing virtual hw window and I come back at the
vm details window
Then I check the top-left V to confirm creation: BTW not so intuitive
in my opinion.....
I think it would be better to have an "OK" button as usual at bottom-right.
Anyway when I click the V I get this:
Unable to complete install '<class 'libvirt.libvirtError'> internal
error unable to start guest: can't parse:
"isa-fdc,driveA=drive-fdc0-0-0"

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 1502, in do_install
    dom = guest.start_install(False, meter = meter)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 795,
in start_install
    return self._do_install(consolecb, meter, removeOld, wait)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 896,
in _do_install
    self.domain = self.conn.createLinux(install_xml, 0)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1098, in
createLinux
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed',
conn=self)
libvirtError: internal error unable to start guest: can't parse:
"isa-fdc,driveA=drive-fdc0-0-0"

'
After the error I'm put back where if I click "finish" again, I have
again the option to customize.
If I customize again, I again get the error.
If I don't customize and click directly the big V to confirm vm
creation, I'm put in boot phase correctly.
Now with the vm on, if I add the floppy again I'm told that it will be
effective next reboot --> ok.
I force off vm and configure to boot from dvd.
When it starts it gives this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 589, in run_domain
    vm.startup()
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 1208, in startup
    self._backend.create()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 300, in create
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed', dom=self)
libvirtError: internal error unable to start guest: can't parse:
"isa-fdc,driveA=drive-fdc0-0-0"

Any problems with floppy in general?

My set of related packages' versions:
[gcecchi at tekkaman ~]$ rpm -qa qemu\* \*virt\*
qemu-spice-83-2.fc12.x86_64
qemu-kvm-tools-0.12.2-6.fc12.x86_64
libvirt-client-0.7.6-1.fc12.x86_64
qemu-common-0.12.2-6.fc12.x86_64