[fedora-virt] add new volume suggestion whille creating vm

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 11:00:48 UTC 2010

Hello,
I have F12 x86_64 and I'm using rawvirt fedora-virt-preview repo.
qemu-spice-83-2.fc12.x86_64
qemu-kvm-tools-0.12.2-6.fc12.x86_64
libvirt-client-0.7.6-1.fc12.x86_64
qemu-common-0.12.2-6.fc12.x86_64
virt-manager-0.8.3-1.fc12.noarch
libvirt-python-0.7.6-1.fc12.x86_64
qemu-kvm-0.12.2-6.fc12.x86_64
qemu-user-0.12.2-6.fc12.x86_64
qemu-system-x86-0.12.2-6.fc12.x86_64
libvirt-0.7.6-1.fc12.x86_64
qemu-img-0.12.2-6.fc12.x86_64
python-virtinst-0.500.2-1.fc12.noarch

When I create a VM and arrive at storage window (step 4 of 5), I select
"Select managed or other existing storage"
then "browse"; then in "locate or create storage volume" window I
select "new volume" button and I'm put into "Add a storage volume"
window, that used to directly work previously.
Now instead, I seem not to be able to get the "Finish" button
selectable (it remains grey), any value I use for name, format and
capacity options.

Note that this problem exists only with the steps above and I found
the cause is that there is the proposed suggestion of "vmname.img"
(where vmname is name I'm giving to my vm) inside the box, but also
the ".img" extension is out of the "Name" box, at the right side ....
as soon as I keep off the ".img" letters inside the box, the "Finish"
button becomes selectable (black)

probably the automatic suggestion is to kept without the .img part.....

Note that instead, if I use the other method, going directly to select
"details" for my host, then the "storage" label and select "New
volume", the "name:" box is empty and not confusing.....

HIH,
Gianluca