[fedora-virt] Cloned machine has no network

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Sun Jan 17 16:00:47 UTC 2010

I'm running virt-manager on Fedora 12.  I selected the option to 'clone'
a machine from the menu.  The clone process worked great (mostly) and
the cloned machine boots fine.

On the cloned machine the network card no longer works and trying to
start eth0 returns an error message about the device not being present.

I gave the virtual machine a new nic, hoping that might solve the
problem but I can't figure out how to configure it using command line
tools. 'lspci' shows that it is present. I tried setuptools, but the
changes didn't seem to take.

I'm running a really bare bones guest with no X.

Suggestions on how to move forward?

Thanks,
John