[fedora-virt] network services not working properly in a vm?

Kenneth Armstrong digimars at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 14:41:35 UTC 2010

I have 2 RHEL 5.5 VM's on a Fedora 13 host, using Default (NAT)
networking.  I can ssh into these fine, but when I install services
such as DNS, NTP, FTP, etc. and open their respective ports in the
guest's firewall, the guest acts as if their closed still.I ran nmap
against my
guests, and they show that the ports are there, but closed (as in
below):

PORT    STATE  SERVICE
21/tcp  closed ftp
22/tcp  open   ssh
53/tcp  closed domain
631/tcp closed ipp
MAC Address: 52:54:00:5A:B3:E4 (QEMU Virtual NIC)

Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing to make this work
with my guests?