[fedora-virt] pxe boot again

Ján ONDREJ (SAL) ondrejj at salstar.sk
Fri Jun 18 13:15:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 03:09:05PM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
> hi,
> i already wrote a thread about it a long time ago:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/et-mgmt-tools/2008-May/msg00139.html
> now i try it again. we've got a working pxe server and use it to install
> all of our system. now i like to test it, but it still (or again) not
> working.
> with virtualbox 3.2 if i choose bridged networking and switch off
> VT-x/AMD-V support as described in:
> http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/2536
> than it's working. but with kvm not.
> so is there anybody who can tell me:
> - is the pxe boot working in virt-manager kvm?
> - if yes, which kind of setup? ie:
>   - which kind of networking to choose?
>     - nat or bridged?
>   - what else should i've to configure to get it working?
> thanks in advance.

I think solution for KVM is simple, only need to wait aprox. 3 seconds more
for DHCP address.

Try to boot your virtual machine using virt-manager and after more than 3
seconds select from menu:
  Send Key -> Ctrl+Alt+Delete

(Do not power off your system again!)

Then PXE boot works well for me. Can you confirm this?

				SAL