[fedora-virt] how to change dhcp range for default virbr0

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 22:41:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Laine Stump <laine at redhat.com> wrote:

> [snip]

Just change the range, exit the editor, then run:

>     virsh net-destroy default
>     virsh net-start default
>
> (until you restart the network, the dnsmasq process will still have the old
> config). Also, I notice that virt-manager will retain the out-of-date config
> info (even though the new config has taken effect) until you disconnect and
> reconnect.

Ok. It worked, thanks.
I had no guests configured at this moment, so no problem.
But what would have been the impact in case of running guests that were
using this network?
Link down/link up?
Or nothing at all, but only problems with new guests asking for an ip not
getting one?

Gianluca