[fedora-virt] Is it possible to automatically swap CD during Fedora install in KVM?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Mar 16 08:42:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:20:18AM +0800, Li Ming wrote:
> If we can get the /tmp/anaconda.log or output of tty3(you can send
> Ctrl+Alt+F3 to see the output),just search for "switching from media",if
> find this word,it's the time for swap CD.But get the /tmp/anaconda.log
> in non-network environment is a challenge,we still have no answer.

Is /tmp on a physical disk during this part of the installation?  If
so libguestfs can get it.  Something like:

$ echo download /tmp/anaconda.log - |
  guestfish --ro -a /path/to/guest.img -m /dev/device/in/guest |
  grep "switching from media"

However I was also going to suggest something based on virt-dmesg, if
Anaconda sends any message to the kernel message log (if indeed that
is possible).

Rich.