[fedora-virt] xen 4.0.0 build/install notes/bugs

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Wed May 5 12:26:09 UTC 2010

A quick answer to some of your points; I need to look at the others more
carefully.

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Bill McGonigle wrote:

> 2) /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/xen-4.0.0/tools/ioemu-dir/texi2pod.pl qemu-doc.texi
> qemu.pod
> pod2man --section=1 --center=" " --release=" " qemu.pod > qemu.1
> /bin/sh: /usr/local/bin/pod2man: /usr/local/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No
> such file or directory
I would have said this is something local to your machine, the install is
finding a broken copy of pod2man in /usr/local/bin but the default Fedora
location is /usr/bin/pod2man. I suggest you run rpm -qf
/usr/local/bin/pod2man to see if a package has installed it, and consider
deleting the file or the package if you don't need them.

> 4) grub not properly updated

> I'm not sure why or if this is a "kernel-xen" problem, but grub got
> hosed. I previously had a kernel and xen kernel installed, each with
> grub entries.
> I updated the kernel and xen with "rpm -Uhv" and:

Don't upgrade kernels with -Uhv , use -ihv instead. U will remove any old
kernels, including the one you are running, which is generally not what
you want. If you do want to remove kernels do it manually before or
afterwards with rpm -e #full kernel name#

 	Michael Young