[fedora-virt] Fedora Virt Bits of Note

Justin M. Forbes jmforbes at linuxtx.org
Thu Oct 21 17:59:34 UTC 2010

Fedora 13
- We have 151 open bugs, 8 of which have fixes in awaiting updates.
- With Fedora 14 release so close, Fedora 13 is really in maintenance mode.
- 3 bugs have been closed.

Fedora 14
- Beta has shipped, and the change deadline has past. Any new updates will
  now become 0 day updates.
- Qemu-0.13.0 is now available for F14 (and for F13 virt-preview users).
- Test composes are in progress for the release.
- qemu, spice, and libguestfs have seen recent updates.
- We have 34 open bugs, 7 of which have fixes awaiting updates to push.
- 9 Bugs have been closed.

  Bugs of importance:

- 601012 vhost-net module should be loaded automatically
  This will be fixed in a zero day update for qemu.

- 644973 On an AMD F14 host, running an F14 guest with 2 cores assigned
  hangs for "a long time" (several 10's of minutes) at start of boot
  It appears the issue is identified, a patch will need to be added to
  the next kernel update.