[fedora-virt] DVD RW under KVM guest

Radu Borsaru rborsaru at odecee.com.au
Tue May 3 03:04:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

(this is the third time I'm trying to post this thread; cc-ing virt-owner for help)

I'm using Fedora 14 with KVM/QEMU virtualization.
I have created a XP guest that is working fine.
However it cannot recognize the DVD-RW that I have available for the host. It can only mount a read-only DVD (/dev/sr0).
If I open the details for the guest VM I cannot untick the read-only box that I can find under the storage options (it is grayed out).
Is there any way I can mount this DVD as a rewritable media?

I was able to do this using Virtual Box and passthrough. I could not find anything about this under KVM (only PCI passthrough that is not an valid option).

Regards,
RaduB