[fedora-virt] spicy problems after enabling virt-preview repo on f15

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 10:30:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Gianluca Cecchi
<gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> right today I enabled the virt-preview repo.
> I'm having problems using spicy with a windows 7 vm:
> spicy -p 5900 -f
>
> suddenly after few seconds
> (spicy:10733): GSpice-CRITICAL **: stream_mjpeg_data: assertion `j ==
> st->mjpeg_cinfo.rec_outbuf_height' failed
> Improper call to JPEG library in state 205

It seems that the vm got the standard vga after first boot in new
qemu-kvm... probably noticed a change in hw...
After installing qxl drivers qxl-0.10-20112808.zip it seems ok.
More to test.
Some annoying things:
1) I have laptop+external monitor configured with nvidia twin modes.
Before upgrade I could have the 1280x800 vm rendered in external
monitor (that is upside)
Now I can get it there when windowed, but as soon as I make it
fullscreen it gets positioned in the laptop screen...
The same if I run spicy with -f option (both if the running terminal
is up or down)

2) while it seems that to put spicy in full screen the F11 key is ok,
it seems that to leave the ful screen I have to run F12 and not
F11..... any one else with this strange behaviour?

PS: for virt-manager I will post eventually a different thread, but it
is unusable. Also a double click on a powered off vm causes it to hang
totally...

Gianluca