[fedora-virt] Off Topic - CPU upgrade

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 16:07:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 08:38:45AM -0600, drew einhorn wrote:
> I have a box with a LGA775 cpu socket.
>
> Anybody know where I can find a list of LGA775 cpus that support VT-X
> hardware virtualization, that is has the vmx flag?

Tricky ..  It's possible to see if processors support vmx by looking
it up at http://ark.intel.com/, however there is no way that I can see
to get a list of all Intel processors that fit the socket.

An alternative would be to start with the list of processors on the
Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_775

and then look each one up on ark.intel.com.

Note in the past I have found mistakes on ark.intel.com ...  YMMV.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top