[fedora-virt] bridge networking busted?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 22:08:44 UTC 2013

> > When I tried to install a minimal fedora 18 virtual
> > machine, virt-manager said "no network".
> >

> If you look at the drop down under 'advanced options' at the end of the new VM
> wizard, there should be an option to manually enter a bridge. At least for a
> temporary work around.

Didn't bother to try advanced options since "no network"
seemed too final :-). I'll check it next time.

> What's the output of
>
> sudo virsh --connect qemu:///system iface-list --all

Name                 State      MAC Address
bifrost              active     14:da:e9:72:9e:22
br0                  active     14:da:e9:72:9e:22
eth0                 inactive
lo                   active     00:00:00:00:00:00
p6p1                 active     14:da:e9:72:9e:22

bifrost and br0 are bridges on two different vlans
(one of which has access to my local LAN and the other
of which only has access to the outside world
for use with dangerous browsing :-).

That listing doesn't mention the vlans p6p1.1 and p6p1.3.