[fedora-virt] Internal Snapshots & Used-Space

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 14:34:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm using the new snapshot features of virt-manager and since these are
internal snapshots I'm wondering how to figure out how much space a
given snapshot is currently using.

Previously I used base-images+overlays and I could just check the size
of the overlay file to get an idea.  If I use "qemu-img info" on my
current disks (the ones with internal snapshots) there's a "VM size"
column there but it shows 0 for offline snapshots.

Is there a way to get the actual used-space for an internal snapshot?

Thanks,
Jorge