[fedora-virt] What version did Live Snapshots get introduced in?

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Thu Oct 10 13:49:53 UTC 2013

On 10/09/2013 04:52 PM, Scott Baker wrote:
> What version do I need to support live snapshots? I'm seeing:
>
> virsh snapshot-create-as Test123 snapshot1 "before yum upgrade"
> --disk-only --atomic

What happens if you run that command? If virsh supports those options and
doesn't throw an error, then your versions are new enough :)

Though if you don't know, using disk only snapshots as to try something and
then rollback or merge is not trivial, since snapshot-revert and
snapshot-delete are not wired up so you have to do it all by hand.

> Compiled against library: libvirt 0.10.2
> Using library: libvirt 0.10.2
> Using API: QEMU 0.10.2
> Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.12.1

Are you using RHEL/CentOS? Not sure what versions there, but for Fedora you
need Fedora18 and later.

- Cole