[fedora-virt] Fedora/RHEL virt packages version

Eric Viseur eric.viseur at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 08:54:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm currently working on a virtualization-based security project whose aim
is to be Common Criteria-certified in its final version.
What we did was start working with Fedora 18, which should be the basis for
RHEL 7.  However, it turns out having more recent versions of the
KVM-related packages (qemu and libvirt, namely) could be a good help as it
would allow us to use vfio.

In my understanding, vfio isn't available with the qemu version used on F18.

So here is my question : will RHEL7 stictly stick to the F18 packages
versions or will it use more up-to-date version ?

Regards,

Eric Viseur
Etudiant Ingénieur Civil Electricien
LinkedIn Profile<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=193442069&trk=tab_pro>