[fedora-virt] Ubuntu KVM goes 100% cpu?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 16:04:36 UTC 2014

On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 16:14:09 +0200
Cole Robinson wrote:

> Ubuntu actually sets the video default in virt-manager as vmvga for ubuntu
> installs, I don't know if they care about qxl so their package might be out of
> date or missing important patches. So my guess is that qxl is more likely the
> problem than spice.

I'm pretty sure it is a busted qxl driver in ubuntu.

I just installed debian 7.6 and it continues to work fine after I
added the qxl driver (which doesn't appear to be installed by default).
No problems in debian, no problems in fedora, no problems in centos.
I've gotta conclude it is qxl in ubuntu :-).