[fedora-virt] Prevent virt-manager from chowning ISOs

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Sun Jul 13 04:25:55 UTC 2014

Greetings,

----- Original Message from Sudhir Khanger -----
> VirtualBox when run as a userspace tool would not require root
> password, not chown ISOs and VMs are created with regular user
> privileges. Virt-Manager on the other hand requires root password,
> changes ISO's owner to either qemu or root and VMs also created under
> root user. Personally using root for such a trivial task is not
> prefered. I can start Virt-Manager without root password using this
> guide [1] but other two doesn't seem to be possible. Anyone know
> anything about the issues I am facing.
>
> [1]
> https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/49928/install-fedora-vm-with-updates/

I didn't see anything at that URL that about how to start Virt-Manager without the root password.

Oddly, I don't need the root password to start virt-manager.  My user was setup as an "Adminstrator" (aka, the account has sudo access) so I only need to type in my user password.  That's how most people do it.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street