[fedora-virt] qemu-kvm not invoking spice renderer option

Phil Allred Phil.Allred at snow.edu
Mon May 5 21:58:49 UTC 2014

I'm running qemu-kvm version 2.0.0-3 on Fedora 20, spice server version
0.12.4-3.  The spice user manual states that I can specify the type of
rendering to be done by the client by providing:

renderer=<oglpbuf+oglpixmap+cairo>

However, when I invoke qemu-kvm with the following option:

 -spice port=5900,addr=0.0.0.0,disable-ticketing,seamless-
migration=on,renderer=oglpbuf+oglpixmap+cairo

I get "Invalid parameter 'renderer’".

I know OpenGL on the client isn’t getting used at all.  It seems to be defaulting to cairo (which means slow).

Phil Allred