[fedora-virt] How to revert an external snapshot

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Wed Mar 4 16:43:30 UTC 2015

Il giorno mer, 04/03/2015 alle 09.49 -0500, Cole Robinson ha scritto:
> On 03/04/2015 09:16 AM, Dario Lesca wrote:
> > I have generate an external snapshot with this command:
> > There is some way to revert my vm to previous state?

> You can do it by hand: Power off the VM, edit the XML to point at the desired
> disk image.

Ok, thanks Cole, I have modify the point at the disk image to original
root disk image:

        before "<source file='/virt/win7-64-snap1.qcow2'/>"
        after "<source file='/virt/win7-64.qcow2'/>"

Then I have remove the image overlay /virt/win7-64-snap1.qcow2

Now all work fine.

> However, if you point at the root file and make disk changes, the snapshot
> overlay will then become invalid. So if you want to use the root contents
> again, you'll need to create another overlay based on the root image, and
> point your VM at that. This confusion is one of the reasons that stuff isn't
> implemented in libvirt yet

But now when I list snapshot the snapshot removed is showed:

> [root at dodo:/virt]# virsh snapshot-list win7-64
> Nome                 Creation Time             Stato
> win7-64-snap1        2015-03-04 14:21:15 +0100 shutoff

So, I have remove the machine and recreate it and the snapshot is gone
away.

Thanks for help.

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 21 con Gnome 3.14)