WebKit Let's start the game!

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Aug 25 12:03:00 UTC 2010

Hi all,
first - thanks for your interest in WebKit in Fedora - for both users and
developers!

Bureaucracy:
Check SIG's wiki page [1], put your name on the list. I'm not sure we need any
regular meetings - and we can setup one if needed. Mailing list should be enough
- it's public mailing list, both for users and devels (now) but I prefer to stay
more devel oriented (with possible help for users, not a WebKit chat/forum
etc.). We do not need private ML right now - for security issues - let's handle
it in bz CC list (after responsibilities are set - see bellow).

Tasks:
* Martin Sourada already started filling the Wiki page with the list of current
known WebKit packages and dependencies [2]. Please take a look and update the
page acording your knowledge - it's essential to know what we have now in
Fedora, what's the current state and we can start to look how to best maintain
the whole WebKit stack.

* Vincent Danen is trying to cleanup all the security related mess around
WebKit's - webkit-security upstream team, webkitgtk. I'll try to poke Trolls out
there. Also we should set up responsibilities on our side too - who's
responsible for updates, how to deal with security updates etc. We left a lot of
moderate issues behind us.

Bugs:
* #615502 is now fixed (java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin 1.6.0.0-42.b18) - but it's
unacceptable to break nearly all non-Firefox browsers because of Firefox fix. I
already talked to the guy who pushed it ;-)

Any other ideas to start with?

Thanks
(for listening, uf reading and commitment!)
Jaroslav

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/WebKit
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/WebKit/WebKitsInFedora
--