Question about the wiki

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 7 03:42:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Mark Johnson <mark.mrwizard at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still in the process of trying to figure out the best way to lend a
> hand.  Anyway I wanted to point out something that's a bit confusing from
> someone in my position.
> At http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites#Open_Tasks
> There are two links that look like this:
>
> Website tickets (newer tickets)
> Infrastructure tickets (older tickets)
>
> The confusing bit is why the parentheticals are there at all and what
> relationship they have to the difference between Website and Infrastructure
> tickets.  Am I to assume that Infrastructure is an outdated link?  And that
> these tickets are lingering from a previous development cycle?  And that the
> Website tickets are where open tasks are currently being displayed?
> Just wanted to seek clarification on this point for myself and others trying
> to figure out what to do to help.
> -Mark Johnson (evilestmark)

Mark,

Let me try to clarify.

The websites team used to keep all requests (enhancements, bugs,
request, etc) in the infrastructure trac instance. About a year or so
ago, we created our own trac instance to make it simpler to track and
manage our requests. Unfortunately, as I understand, there isn't a way
to transfer those open tickets that were filed in infrastructure onto
the websites one. So in its current state we have open requests in two
locations: infrastructure[1] and websites[2].

Could there be a better way to reflect this change in that section on the wiki?

Sijis

[1] - https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&owner=~web&order=priority
[2] - https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/report/1