CHECKSUM for i686 F12

James Butler jbutler at uniteddefensegroup.com
Wed Jan 13 22:39:40 UTC 2010

Hello,

There is no CHECKSUM file available for the F12 i686 LiveCD download, or
at least none is available via any link on any of the "download" or
"verify" pages, and a search for same turns up way too much junk to be
able to find the actual CHECKSUM file that I need.

Further, I see there is a CHECKSUM available for the i386-DVD.iso file
but none for the CDs, at least I am assuming that to be the case,
because there is only one CHECKSUM in the repository
(/fedora/releases/12/Fedora/i386/iso), and not one for each of the .iso
files, as there should be.

Please upload some CHECKSUMs for the CD .iso files, or make the links to
same much more obvious, as it is currently impossible to verify any of
the CD .iso files that I have just mentioned without them, and previous
attempts at downloading and installing from CDs made from those .iso
files have issues with some of the files included in them. Note that the
instructions for verifying the .iso downloads (and any similar
instructions for any downloaded file of any type from anywhere) require
a CHECKSUM file from Fedora (or whomever the originator of the file is).

Thanks.

James Butler