Completely dissatisfied with Fedora -- Please Read

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 22:48:27 UTC 2010

On 01/16/2010 10:47 AM, Joshua Senic wrote:
> I downloaded Fedora 12 KDE from the download page, and installed it to
> a 2 GB USB via the Fedora LiveUSB app.  When loading the application,
> I received a fatal error, reading that it was "sleeping permanently."
>
> Then, I download Linux Live USB (www.linuxliveusb.com
> <http://www.linuxliveusb.com/>) and loaded Fedora 12 KDE onto a USB
> from there.  When I installed it, the Fedora completely took over my
> hard drive.  I am not a novice -- I have installed Linux OS's as dual
> boot on several computers before, and I know that I did the
> installation correctly.  After the installation, the Fedora wiped the
> NTFS partition for Windows XP right off the drive.  It has been hell
> getting my computer back to working condition with Windows XP.
>
> I guarantee I will not use Fedora again due to the troubles I've had
> with trying to install the OS.

It appears you used Unetbootin to make a live usb and this does not work
because Unetbootin has a bug. Nothing to do with Fedora itself.  We have
documented this and provided the details at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F12_bugs#Live_USB_sticks_created_with_unetbootin_do_not_work

Note that webmaster id is for feedback on the Fedora website only.

Rahul