Problems with the Hebrew translation of spins.fedoraproject.org

shaiton shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 6 18:27:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 5:24 PM, אלעד <el.il at doom.co.il> wrote:
> Hello all.
> While testing the Hebrew translation of spins.fedoraproject.org I've
> encountered many problems, most of them are related to the fact that
> Hebrew is an RTL language (written from right to left).
> 1. when selecting he (language code for Hebrew) in the language
> selection menu and clicking OK, i get this page:
> http://spins.fedoraproject.org/?lang=he and it shows the English
> version of the site. the only way for a user to see the Hebrew version
> of the site is manually changing the URL to:
> http://spins.fedoraproject.org/he/
>
> 2. the slogans of the spins showed in the main page appear
> untranslated, but if you click on a spin (eg. design) you can see the
> slogan translated.
>
> 3. the big download button in the right side of the screen ("Download
> Now!") is untranslated. but the small download buttons, in the
> download tab of each spins, which has the same text, are translated.
>
> 4. the Fedora Spins logo appears on the navigation menu. i think the
> menu layout should be the same for Hebrew and English (move the logo
> back to it's original place, don't move the menu), but it will look
> nicer if those small icons near the navigation links would be on the
> left side of the link, and not the right side.
>
> please fix those problems.
> thanks.
> --
>>Elad

Hi Elad, thank you for reporting issues.

As discussed by irc,

1- corrected by a browser refresh (clearing cache)
2- work in progress for that (need genshi python expert ^^)
3- I can't see this issue

4- Yeah, thank you. It is updated, should be seen in an hour.
Corrected for all rtl languages (ar, bal, fa, he).

--
Kévin Raymond
GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2