Some changes in master

Paul Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 01:28:50 UTC 2010

With the advice and assistance of Sijis and Mo, I committed some
changes in to the 'master' branch, specifically to the about-fedora
page.  Here's a summary of what I did:

* Simplified the language somewhat. What was there was a completely
accurate copy of our wiki, but given the general website is going to
be read by lots of people not familiar with our project, I tried to
make the text very approachable.

* At first I removed the four foundations because it seemed like
overkill to me -- but Mo helpfully reminded me that these are landing
spots for the index.html page's links to those foundations. So again,
I simplified the text somewhat to make it easier to understand.

* I provided template markup for everything, but I hope anyone will
feel free to double-check my work! :-)

What I *didn't* do is to create new POT and merge the existing PO
files. I didn't do this because before we make the translators go any
further, I wanted the Websites team to be in agreement with these text
changes. (If they don't meet with approval, it's easy to revert them!)
 So what has to happen is:

* Approval of changes
* Notify L10n we're going to change POT and make sure no one reacts
really negatively
* Build POT, merge PO and push

Paul