new site fonts

Mustafa Qasim alajal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 06:38:50 UTC 2010

2010/10/29 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>

> Hi Smooge,
>
> On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 13:04 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > What I am finding interesting is that half the people say it looks bad
> > in IE and not firefox and the other half say it is firefox that looks
> > bad and not IE. I wonder what the hinting issues that are causing
> > this.
>
> I've only heard reports of the fonts looking bad in Firefox on Windows.
> AFAIK there haven't been reports of it looking bad in Firefox on Linux
> specifically.
>
> ~m

I just did checked the fedoraproject.org website using the following
*
Fedora 13 - Chrome 7.0*
*Result: OK*
Screen Shot:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/pmlz56DmOrfCVzh159krIQ?feat=directlink

*Fedora 13 - Firefox 3.6.7
Result: OK*
Screen Shot:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qZx9h3TxIUDEmIC0w65K8g?feat=directlink

*Fedora 13 - Konqueror 4.4.5*
*Result: OK*
Screen Shot:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Eek9LQMdiIAdL08gC3kPHA?feat=directlink

*Windows XP SP3 - Firefox 3.6.12*
*Result: BAD*
Screen Shot:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vC2nhGlf5OOZqxIfRqBwHw?feat=directlink

*Windwos XP SP3 - Chrome 7.0*
*Result: BAD*
Screen Shot:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/nVxf4OzwJa2icjvtDqSRSw?feat=directlink

*Windows XP SP3 - IE 8.0*
*Result: OK*
Screen Shot:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5VPoXc2JylpCA8-Pc1yz3w?feat=directlink

So, the problem is only in Chrome and Firefox only on Windows.

--

 [image: Worldcall Logo] *Mustafa Qasim*
Executive II, IP Core

+92 333 6651272
mustafa.qasim at worldcall.pk
http://blog.mustu.info
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received this
email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose
the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.