Error during installation of oracle 10g on fedora14

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 24 16:40:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:28 PM, vinod ranjan <vinodranjancs at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to install oracle 10g on fedora 13. However i am unable to
> install. I am getting the below error.
> Could you people suggest the solution on this issue.
>
> The error i am getting:
> -------------------------------
> * <webmaster at fedoraproject.org>*[oracle at test database]$ ./runInstaller
> Starting Oracle Universal Installer...
>
> Checking installer requirements...
>
> Checking operating system version: must be redhat-3, SuSE-9, redhat-4,
> UnitedLinux-1.0, asianux-1 or asianux-2
>                                       Passed
>

> All installer requirements met.
>
> Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from
> /tmp/OraInstall2011-06-22_04-10-56AM. Please wait ...
> Error in writing to directory /tmp/OraInstall2011-06-22_04-10-56AM. Please
> ensure that this directory is writable and has atleast 60 MB of disk space.
> Installation cannot continue.
> : Success
> [oracle at test database]$ DISPLAY=test.demo.com:0.0; export DISPLAY
> [oracle at test database]$ ./runInstaller
> Starting Oracle Universal Installer...
>
> Checking installer requirements...
>
> Checking operating system version: must be redhat-3, SuSE-9, redhat-4,
> UnitedLinux-1.0, asianux-1 or asianux-2
>                                       Passed
>

> All installer requirements met.
>
> Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from
> /tmp/OraInstall2011-06-22_04-14-07AM. Please wait ...
> Error in writing to directory /tmp/OraInstall2011-06-22_04-14-07AM. Please
> ensure that this directory is writable and has atleast 60 MB of disk space.
> Installation cannot continue.
> : Success
>
> Please do some needful.
> Let me know if you have any question.
> --
> *Thanks & Regards,*
> Vinod Ranjan | Oracle apps DBA | SLK Services Pvt. Ltd.
> Mob.: 097 389 132 75
> Email: vinodranjancs at gmail.com

Vinod,

The webmaster at fedoraproject.org address is only for issues related to
Fedora's websites.  For general Fedora support, please refer to the help
resources described at http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-help.

A more specific list of support options are available at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate.

Alternatively, you should could contact Oracle support and/or support forums
for better responses as this appears to be an Oracle software problem not a
Fedora one.

Thanks,

Sijis