Who maintains fudcon.fedoraproject.org?

Sijis Aviles sijis.aviles at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 13:19:46 UTC 2012

On Apr 16, 2012 3:36 AM, "Kévin Raymond" <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Kévin Raymond
> <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I wanted to make static (at least) content translatable of
> > fudcon.fedoraproject.org.
> > But it appears to me that this site is not really updated, Milan was
> > months ago for example, and we still could "register".
> > Please see tickets, #89[1] and #59[2].
> >
> > I think the reference is http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon, we
> > should probably build a script to get that from somewhere. Or have
> > someone taking care of that (simply add a notice "open a ticket to the
> > websites team whenever you update this page").
> >
> > Moreover, the actual source code is ugly, with many copy & paste, that
> > would be awesome to define the text and re-use the same on each
> > occurrence, in order to help maintainers (you could see what was done
> > for fedoracommunity.org) and translators.
> >

> > [1] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/ticket/89
> > [2] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/ticket/59
>
> Saleem and Shreyank,
> Don't you have a team, is there a process ?
>
> Without further info, I'll do things by myself and define the updating
> process (which should be explained in the fudcon organization page and
> somewhere on the websites wiki page).
>
> Regards,

If i recall fudcon.fp.o was put on fedora-web as a temporary solution* for
a drupal instance (i believe) that was being spun up but it wasnt going to
be ready in time.

What is the status of that instance? I'd hate for us to do double the work
if there is already another effort made for this website.

Sijis

* I believe discussion was on websites list. I can't search for it right
now, but i'll do so later.