about site styling in re usability

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 6 19:31:14 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-12-06 at 14:10 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> There are different ways of "actually helping". Handicaps are precisely the
> problem, particularly the totally needless _artificial_ handicaps created by
> common web site styling. One way of helping is reporting they exist to those
> who may be empowered to remove them,

You have been so empowered, yet claim you don't have the time / patience
to do the fixing.

In case I didn't already make it clear, flooding lists with emails and
arguments is *not* helpful. Stepping up and providing actually useful
patches *is* helpful.

>  which isn't so hard as getting anyone
> with the power to acknowledge anything should be done about them.

You have a serious handicap on that front as well; why should I be
sympathetic to your bug reports and your rants after you've dragged my
name through the mud on Fedora test list when you know next to nothing
about me?

> "The wise are known for their understanding, and pleasant
> words are persuasive." Proverbs 16:21 (New Living Translation)

You would be wise to follow that advice.

~m