about site styling in re usability

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 7 01:57:27 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-12-06 at 15:45 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> You say I'm empowered, but that's only a theory.

That is correct only because you've willingly forfeited any power you
might have had by basically treating me (and other Fedora contributors)
terribly. You've lost close to all of the time, support, and care I
would have given you and I think you've also likely alienated some of
the other folks who could have made changes for you via your behavior on
the Fedora mailing lists this past week.

If you want people to drop what they are doing and prioritize the work
you want done but refuse to do yourself (excuses aside), you're going to
have to treat them with a little more respect. I would advise that you
actually ponder rather than place in your sig that quote from Proverbs
you stick in your sig. In fact, there are a few other parts of Proverbs
and I would also recommend the Sermon on the Mount that would be
beneficial for you to ponder. That is, if you truly want to achieve your
goal of bettering websites' legibility but without doing the work
yourself, only by getting others to do the work for you.

Surely though, if you were as passionate as your language and repeated
mailing list bludgeonings suggest, you'd take the time to actually learn
how to do it and do it. By sitting here and continuing this, you're
actually making the situation worse by stealing time away from the folks
who do the work.

~m