Suggestion: Black out fedoraproject.org on the 18th to protest against SOPA and PROTECT-IP

Buddhika Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 14 03:12:07 UTC 2012

Hello,

I think most FOSS projects are politically neutral and the f po is same.
BUT if there is a threat I think we must act towards the cause. This
is irrelevant with the politics.
Personally I believe this bill will be a threat towards the free
culture if it is passed.
As an example if the government is going to ban FOSS projects we all
go on strike to kill the bill.
However the situation is not worse than mentioned above.

As mentioned thankfully the board is having the authority to make such
a decision on behalf of the Fedora project.
There is a thread on the fedora advisory-board list[1] and I think the
board should take into consideration that the
participation of FSF[2] for the protest as well.

Thanks

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2012-January/011116.html
[2] http://sopastrike.com/
--