wiki testing in staging required

Chris Chapman chrisc97 at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 28 12:15:18 UTC 2012

> On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:06:24 -0600
> Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 12:45:50 +0300
> > Gena Makhomed <gmm at csdoc.com> wrote:
> >

> > > very old and buggy MediaWiki 1.16.5
> > > still used at https://fedoraproject.org/ site
> > >
> > > now version 1.19.1 already available:
> > >
> > > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki
> > >
> > >      Security MediaWiki 1.19.1 security release is now available.
> >
> > Yeah, we are aware. ;)
> >
> > We have been working on setting up 1.19 rpms... and they are now
> > finally at a point where we can do some testing. Hopefully they will
> > go out to our staging area soon and we can get them rolled into
> > production before too long.
>
> ok. I have mediawiki 1.19.1 setup in staging now.
>
> Please test:
>
> http://stg.fedoraproject.org/wiki/
>
> The database conversion took about 45minutes or so, but seems to have
> gone fine, and we ran into a theme issue, but athmane managed to fix
> that right up.
>
> I've tested:
>
> * Login works.
> * editing pages works.
> * lockdown works because it won't let me edit Legal namespace pages.
> * pages load in general and look ok.
> * Performance seems ok.
>
> Please do check and make sure everything works as you expect.
>
> If things look good we can try and push this into production before the
> next freeze hopefully.
>
> thanks,
>
> kevin

Hi,

I've noticed an incredibly minor theming issue, but other than that it all
seems to work fine.

The issue I noticed was the bullet points in a bulleted list are positioned
on or around the baseline of the text in the list (Android 4.1, latest
Firefox Mobile). Not sure if this is an issue on the desktop, and it's a
small thing I noticed that probably doesn't matter :)

Other than that, all is well :)

Thanks,
-- Chris
Mail sent from a mobile device