Busted project email archives on fedorahosted.org :(

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 19:05:52 UTC 2012

Justin:

You may want to start a ticket with the infrastructure team:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/

... and make it super-high priority. I'm not sure who from infra is on
this list, but that is the fast way to get the attention of the sysadmins.

- - Karsten, hoping this is fixable ...

On 06/20/2012 05:52 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just discovered a serious problem with the fedorahosted.org email
> archives.
>
> At least some of our (important) messages are missing large amounts
> of content.
>
> For example, this important Aeolus Community email, which we want
> to direct people towards as reference:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/aeolus-devel/2012-June/010794.html
>
>  It's only *1 sentence* in your archives.  95% of it is missing.
> :(
>
> The _full_ version of it is included below. (significantly longer)
>
> How do we go about getting this fixed?  (and preferably making
> sure it doesn't happen again)
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>> From: Dan Macpherson <dmacpher at redhat.com> Subject: ACA Side
>> Topic - Proposal: templates.aeolusproject.org Date: 8 June 2012
>> 2:47:30 PM AEST To: "aeolus-devel "
>> <aeolus-devel at fedorahosted.org>
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I've been following the Aeolus Community Assessment conversation
>> and I though I might start a separate e-mail chain regarding an
>> idea I had instead of railroading the original conversation.
>>
>> From what I saw of the original conversation, we're looking to
>> build our community and evangelize Aeolus' strengths.
>>
>> It's also been questioned as whether we'd recommend using Aeolus
>> in it's current state in a production environment. This got me
>> thinking... there's a difference between what we'd recommend to
>> users, and what they'll actually do. By this, I mean that there
>> might be a boffin or two somewhere who could devise some unique
>> uses for Aeolus that we've never even thought of. And I think
>> that what some might consider Aeolus's biggest weakness (it's
>> still experimental) could end up being its biggest strength
>> (experimental is fun and exciting!).
>>
>> My proposal -----------
>>
>> We develop our own (for lack of a better word) "Apps Store" -- a
>> place when users can share Image and Deployable templates for
>> Aeolus, much along the same lines as addons.mozilla.org or
>> extensions.gnome.org. And following these subdomain conventions,
>> I suggest... templates.aeolusproject.org!
>>
>> How it works ------------
>>
>> A user writes an image template and deployable for a particular
>> application. For example, they might want to launch a base Drupal
>> installation in EC2 using Fedora as an OS. So they write an Image
>> Template that includes the relevant Apache and Postgres packages.
>> They also write a Deployable Template that installs and
>> configures Drupal (via Audrey) to an instance with httpd/db.
>>
>> Then the user thinks, "Hey, I bet there are others out there who
>> want to install Drupal in the cloud. Maybe I should share these
>> templates with the world."
>>
>> The user uploads the templates to templates.aeolusproject.org,
>> tags them as an Image Template and Deployable Template
> [...]

- --
Red Hat Open Source and Standards (OSAS)
http://TheOpenSourceWay.org
@quaid (identi.ca/twitter/IRC) | gpg: AD0E0C41