Redesigning start.fpo (again)

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 5 23:37:45 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Kévin Raymond
<shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> There were many discussions about start.fpo[1] even a wiki page[2]
>

> [1] http://start.fedoraproject.org/
> [

Ok, I just discovered a sending shortcut…
Starting again:

There were many discussions about start.fpo[1] redesign, even a wiki page[2].
Couldn't we get a new one for F17?

- Actually we don't use it to tell people that a new Fedora has been
release, we should

- The "Latest Fedora Planet posts" is not useful IMHO: there are too
much entries in the Planet, we miss some of them, therefore we used to
connect to planet.fpo to check the planet, we don't really read this
feed. Are you?

- Latest announcement is great, should we keep it? (I think so).

- The footer is way to big! It has nearly the same size as the
content… We should keep only the Fedora legal things, all other links
could be found by going to fpo using the header.

- The license select list could be remove and we should use Creative
Comments pictures[3] instead (and radio button). In some language the
translation is really to wide. See[4].

- We need definitely more fun in this, page. Come on, a Miracle is coming[5]!

[1] http://start.fedoraproject.org/
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Start.fpo_redesign
[3] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/
[4] http://start.fedoraproject.org/uk/
[5] http://beefymiracle.org/

Do you agree guys to build a new page?
Any ideas?
Design added, they always have some nice input :D

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)