A clarification about Fedora-it.org

robyduck at fedoraonline.it robyduck at fedoraonline.it
Wed May 30 09:14:24 UTC 2012

Stefano Mainardi <stefano at twinbit.it> ha scritto:

> In rif:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/websites/2012-May/019610.html
>
> Greetings all, I am Stefano Mainardi, one of the founders of ILDN (
> http://ildn.net) Italian Linux Distro Network, the first Italian and
> European network dedicated to the major GNU/Linux distributions (
> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/ILDN)
>
> After the birth of the network, in 2004, and the success we decided to give
> life to a nonprofit association that has as main objective
> the dissemination of Free Software in Italy through the portals to the
> major Linux distributions and through development and popular
> participation in events in which we are committed to promoting GNU / Linux
> and Free Software.
> The association was founded in February 2006, So let us encourage our users
> to interact and collaborate with the development and
> translation team of  linux distributions and open source projects, always
> with a view to giving our main contribution to the growth
> of Linux and Free Software.
>
> And it is this spirit that we have renewed our commitment with
> Fedoraitalia, one of our network portals with which he lives, that
> because of conflicts with one of its founders, then took another road and
> decided to get out of our network, road which then led to the
> closure.
>
> For about two years around the network ILDN has undergone a major restyling
> both technical and graphical features of our portals,
> and we re-started the promoting work of our association by actively
> participating in various events related to the Free Software, we
> were the media partners of PHP-Day 2012 and Codemotion 2012 and this year
> we are in collaboration with the organization of the Conf-SL (
> http://www.confsl.org). Events in which both seek to introduce Linux and
> Free Software but also forge partnerships with other organizations and
> community that have our same objectives and ideals.
>
> In the last years, mainly thanks to the collaboration of several Fedora
> ambassador, we decided to create Fedora-it.org, a portal for us in the past
> was certainly very important and we want it to be returned. Obviously we do
> not want to be absolutely required a snub or a war to FOL, that after the
> closing of Fedoraitalia is surely become an important reference point in
> the Fedora italian community. But we wants to be just another place for
> discussion and growth both for Fedora users in Italy and the Fedora Project.
>
> Having the "seal" certification by Fedora is important for us to see us
> recognized a little recognition for the work we do every day, and for the
> community.
>
> Thanks to all
> --
> [image: TWINBIT logo] <http://twinbit.it/>
>
> Stefano Mainardi
> *Twinbit Founder
> *
> *www*:      twinbit.it
> [...]

The Fedoraproject doesn't distribute any certifications or seals to
the community sites, but incourage the local communities to share
informations and events, instead of spreading users.
The goal of a local community is to unify the local Fedora users,
giving free and open support, not beeing related to commercial
companies...
It would be nice if the Fedoraproject could count on many strong and
unified local communities rappresentating each one a single country.
Lets try to do so, finding also some guidelines which could help at
the one side the fedoraproject, on the other side the local communities.
Cheers

Robert Mayr
robyduck
www.fedoraonline.it