introduction

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 30 12:50:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Pádraig Brady <P at draigbrady.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a long time Fedora user, recent Red Hat employee,
> and GNU coreutils co-maintainer.
>
> I'd like to help out with the fedora websites as I've
> wished many times I could tweak things here and there.

Hi, Welcome!

> Attached is my first tweak to indicate USB as an install option.
>
> I realise this may mess up translations.
> In this case the older translations could be used until updated.
> Will I update the po files so in the same patch and
> mark that translation as fuzzy to incite updates in future,
> though I suppose I'd have to do that at transifex?

+1 for your patch.

Yes it is going to break translations if we just apply it like that.
Few thoughts:
- We don't update POs anymore as it is done through transifex.net now
- We only upload POTs and pull POs.
- When many changes have to be made, we could use a staging instance in order
  to provide a new POT and let some times for the translators to
localize, and proofread online.
  Then, a merge is fine. This is clearly the best solution, but some
translators won't understand
  clearly what they are translating (many resources on transifex.net).
That is what we do
  by the alpha/beta time.
- We could just apply like that, it's not a big change (but need to
notice translators),
  and we have done worst…

If you have any questions, please ask.
--