dividing up the wiki?

Chris Roberts croberts at cintrixhosting.com
Wed Aug 21 15:25:24 UTC 2013

I have been going through the wiki as of late and looking at each page
and making sure any outdated information is corrected of put into an
archive page. For example on team meeting pages we don't need meeting
notes from 2008.

For example here is the docs team meeting page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Docs_Project_meetings

and the Archived page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Old_Docs_Project_Steering_Committee_meeting_minutes_links

Part of my contribution to the Fedora is making the wiki look better, I
have good experience with this, as its part of my day job in dealing
with wikis.

- Chris Roberts

Chris Roberts
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Chrisroberts

>>> Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com> 08/21/13 10:52 AM >>>

I'd say these are valid use cases for Wiki - and I'm not saying we can't
do better job to make sure people understand which of the above sections

they are. But we have bigger problems - after years, even these,
previously
valid uses got too outdated, that it probably does not make sense to
store
them (I know, wiki & history), or at least not be visible to search (has
anyone ever tried to use it at all ;-)?.

So for me, the first step would be to clean up old mess, make search
available again, review current information (especially for stuff that's
in the main categories). Having some way to sort out information would
cherry on top of our wiki to make users happy :)

Jaroslav

<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>