dividing up the wiki?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Aug 22 15:24:26 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 08:52:26AM -0500, Sijis Aviles wrote:
> > > Wiki is now best tool we have - that's all. For Change description, it's
> > > great, everything is available in one place etc.
> > I  agree with this statement but it doesn't mean we shouldn't explore
> > better or alternatives. (I'm sure the infra team doesn't want/need another
> > app and infrastructure to support.)
>
> I think it's a fine use-case for a wiki. It's just bad when mixed in with
> the user/product documentation.

Well, that's the question if Wiki ever targeted user/product documentation.
For me it was always more collaboration space for contributors and if it's
used this way and result is user/product documentation - we should make
sure it's going to be released on the right place (docs.fpo?) - as an
example Common Bugs page that probably deserves more than just being one
of million Wiki Pages...

So I'm ok making sure these use cases are divided somehow, but does it
have to be all on Wiki?

Jaroslav