dividing up the wiki?

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Aug 22 17:37:59 UTC 2013

On 08/22/2013 08:24 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

> So I'm ok making sure these use cases are divided somehow, but does it
> have to be all on Wiki?

Probably yes, until another lowest-barrier technology takes hold.

If editing the content is harder than "click edit, edit, save", we're
going to see a huge drop-off in editing and page creation.

End-user content has always been mixed in with contributor content on
the wiki. The key is to find a way to make it clear which is which, and
float the end-user content to the front of the wiki. Clean-up that front
of the wiki. Make a contributor-focused page that is one click from the
front page.

- Karsten
--
Karsten 'quaid' Wade