Recently Joined Fedora project: Introduction

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 8 21:59:19 UTC 2013

2013/2/8 Shubhanshu Mishra <shubhanshumishra at gmail.com>

> Hi everyone at the Fedora project community,
>
> I am happy and excited to introduce myself to you all and show my interest
> in contributing to the Fedora website project. I was introduced to Fedora 8
> years back by my school teacher and since then it has been my favorite and
> most used linux distribution. I have created a few web apps in the past and
> thought this would be a great place to learn from the community and also
> contribute whatever I can.

Hi! You're welcome.

> You can see some of my open source contributions at:
> http://github.com/napsternxg
>
> This will be my first open source engagement with any project so I am
> looking for guidance on how to get started. I have gone through the wiki
> and already cloned the git repo on my machine. I am going through the bug
> tracker and would love to know what are the bugs which I can start off with.

That's great! I guess you have also joined the FAS group and took a look on
the 960 grid system [1].
You can start working on all the active tickets [2], but indeed it would be
better to start working on easyfix [3]. You can send your patches there in
every moment.
Please ask if you have any doubts, here or on the websites irc channel on
freenode. (#fedora-websites)

[1] http://960.gs/
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/report/1
[3] http://fedoraproject.org/easyfix/#fedora-websites

> Regards,
> --
> *Shubhanshu Mishra*
> Graduate in Mathematics & Computing,
> Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur

See you.

--
Robert Mayr
(robyduck)