Have Chat support on the fedora website.

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 1 00:00:07 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-29 01:36 (GMT+0530) Sherry Jindal composed:

> Though IRCs were / are a really helpful media, but given the changing
> scenario, we can have the similar benefits in much more powerful ways (with
> support for videos, image and paintings ), the point is that a user who
> comes on the fedora website should not have to go searching for the IRC
> login (less technically savvy people don't even know what IRC is), wouldn't
> it be awesome if she can talk to the community (and other visitors) right
> from the fedora website ?

I hope it's readily apparent to you that your demo shows poor A11Y fit to a
modestly high DPI environment:
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/confaber-2560x1440x144.png . I can only imagine how
much worse its fit to current and future Retina-class environments!

I see no indicated improvement over any other browser chat encounter I've
had. All have been failures, usually total. Like most of what shows up in
browser viewports, it's apparently designed for designers to look at, not for
actual web users to read its content.

OTOH, a web page with a simple chat link (irc://) can open a tab or window in
Chatzilla or other IRC client, and enjoy a superior fit to the local environment.

All that said, if your product is intended for one-on-one-type support, as I
suspect it is, I don't see Fedora's web site as a candidate no matter how
good it might be, and this on top of the up-thread mention that Fedora is
FOSS and your product is not.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/