grub problem upgrading to fed 19

AA iphone afshariphone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 07:34:02 UTC 2013

Hello,
After upgrading from fedora 18 ot fedora 19, using fedup via an iso
file, and following your instructions grub doesnt work and I get the
error "grub_term_highlight_color not found" and then I am given grub
rescue> prompt, which most commands dont work for this option either.

I have been trying to fix this but unsuccessful. Using rescue linux
option, and mounting my system I can update and everythinn but  when I
use grub2-install /dev/sda,  I am told embedding is not possible and
it should  be done through blocklist which discouraged to do so. My
laptop is lenovo 420 and UEFI option is enabled in bios, however even
if I disable it there is no difference. should I go with grub2-efi
option or not. I had no problem with Fedora 18.

Your help is highly appreciated.

best,
Afshari