no find license agreement for fedora12

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Nov 8 16:56:21 UTC 2013

On 11/08/2013 08:53 AM, Use R 013 wrote:
> Dear Fedora Person,                                    Nov. 8, 2013
> Here at Systems Development Associates Inc. we have developed for our
> own purposes and internal use a customization of Fedora8 and Fedora12
> that we call sdaLinux. Recently we have contemplated offering sdaLinux
> to the public on a basis somewhere between the "here take it" attitude
> of the free software people and the "all the traffic will bear" basis of
> our more mercenary colleagues. While trying determine what our options
> are and decide where in that spectrum to operate, I entered
> "fedoraproject.org/wik/Legal/Licenses/LicenseAgreement", which is
> mentioned by the Fedora12 install process, and here I am. "Here" is
> sdaLinux itself  ,which is still being tested, so I am going to CC this
> to my normal "sda" operating email address sdacorner at hushmail.com
> <mailto:wheatonrd at hushmail.com> and  reforward it to you from there.
> That way we can use a system that is  not in a test environment.

R D Wheaton,

There are several things you should consider:

1) You need to be prepared to honor the terms of all of the licenses of
all of the software components within your customized Linux OS. There is
no true "single" license for Fedora, for example.

2) Fedora 12 is very dated, and there are many known, and unfixed
security issues. We would not recommend that you use such an old base of
Linux, unless you are prepared to do extensive modifications to close
these security holes.

3) Should you decide to do this anyways, you will need to be sure to
comply with our Trademark Guidelines, specifically concerning the
removal of the Fedora trademarks (text and logos) from the offering. Our
full Trademark Guidelines can be found here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines

If you have additional questions, please feel free to direct them to me.

Thanks,

Tom Callaway
Fedora Legal

==