ticket #218

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 11 21:44:02 UTC 2013

2013/11/11 Janez Nemanič <janez.nemanic at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I started working on ticket #218 and I need opinion from the rest of the
> group.
> First part of the ticket's description says:
>
> While checking the websites, I found http://www.bittorrent.com/download/ and
> "BitTorrent? client software is available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and
> many other operating systems." This in spins.fpo.
>
> I can't find any other binary than the ones for Windows on their website. We
> should provide proper information.
>
> If you go to http://www.bittorrent.com/downloads/win you will see that you
> can download BitTorrent client for Windows, Mac OS and Android. So I suggest
> that we change the following paragraph:
>
> If your computer does not have software installed for BitTorrent, visit the
> BitTorrent home page at http://www.bittorrent.com/download/ to download it.
> BitTorrent client software is available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and many
> other operating systems.
>
> into:
>
> If your computer does not have software installed for BitTorrent, visit the
> BitTorrent home page at http://www.bittorrent.com/downloads/ to download it.
> BitTorrent client software is available for Windows, Mac OS and Android.
>
> Guys I really need your opinion, because I know what I need to fix and how.
> I'm just not sure about the content. I really need your feedback, so that I
> can do job properly.
>
> Janez Nemanic

Hi Janez and thanks for looking into this.
Yes, this change would be ok, but we should also mention how to use
the torrent files.
Bittorrent isn't available for Linux, we could mention transmission or
ktorrent or whatever you want, but we really need to guide users and
tell them how to use these files.
If you have further ideas on how to add this information, you're welcome :)

Cheers.

--
Robert Mayr
(robyduck)