ticket #218

Janez Nemanič janez.nemanic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 14:07:51 UTC 2013

Hi,
I am working on ticket #218 and I need opinion from the rest of the group.
The  first part of the ticket says:

While checking the websites, I found http://www.bittorrent.com/download/and "
BitTorrent? client software is available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and
many other operating systems." This in spins.fpo.

I can't find any other binary than the ones for Windows on their website.
We should provide proper information.

I suggest that we change the following paragraph from spins.fpo :

If your computer does not have software installed for BitTorrent, visit the
BitTorrent home page at http://www.bittorrent.com/download/ to download it.
BitTorrent client software is available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and
many other operating systems.

into next paragraph:

If your computer does not have client software installed for BitTorrent
protocol, visit the BitTorrent <http://www.bittorrent.com/downloads/win> or
Transmission <http://www.transmissionbt.com/download/> home page to
download it. More information about different BitTorrent clients is
available at Wikipedia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_client>.
BitTorrent client software is available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux and many
other operating systems.

I think this should fix the problem. What do you think?